Sorry but this item is currently unavailable.
Please check back at a later stage.
Vintage 1910s Black Silk Dress, fits 34 Bust, Antique Edwardian Titanic Era
View all pictures and read entire description for condition issues.
ERA- This item is from the 1910s
MEASUREMENTS - The dress is 52 inches long, 14 inches across the shoulders, 22 inch long sleeves, it will fit a 34 inch bust with room, 30 inches at the waist, 40 inches at the hips
LABEL - none
FABRIC - silk with partial cotton lining
Very nice black silk 1 piece dress, with nice details, nicely sewn with machine and hand stitching, and some old basting remains on inner skirt seam.
Close fitting neck with short pin tucks below. Center panel has cord flower appliques and there are groups of black fabric covered buttons down each side of the front panel. The full length sleeves have sill lace around the bottoms.
The skirt is fairly straight on the front and has an overlapped look. The back has kind of a tuxedo look with hand stitched pleats on the upper back. Fabric covered decorative buttons at the top of a watteau treatment with pointed tops and wide folded sections that make the back of the dress slightly fuller.
The collar wraps around the neck and hooks in the back. It has several celluloid-like strips inside of it for support.
The bodice opens by snaps hidden down the front. The center section also hooks on the shoulder at at the waist.There is an inner cotton section with stays and hooks down the front. The skirt overlaps and hooks and snaps at the waist and then partway down the front. The bodice and sleeves are lined in black polished cotton, the skirt is unlined.
CONDITION - Very good condition, with some issues that are delicate to handle
* Several of the celluoid stays in the collar are broken.
* There is a 2+ inch tear within the pin tucks on the front of one shoulder, near the snap openings.
* There is another 2 inch tear below it, next to one of the snaps - you must be very careful with unsnapping the snaps to be sure not to tear the silk.
* A third 2 inch tear and a smaller 1/2 inch tear next to 2 of the snaps on the front of the skirt.
* The white lining inside of the neck is frayed in spots along the top.