Vintage 1920s Dress Black Lace & Chiffon with Rhinestones, 36 bust, some issues$0.00
Vintage 1920s Dress Black Lace & Chiffon with Rhinestones, 36 bust, some issues
ERA- This item is from the 1920s
MEASUREMENTS - The item is 47 inches long, fits 36 inch bust with room, 36 inches at waist, 40 inches at hips, 16 inches across shoulders
LABEL - none
FABRIC - silk lace and crinkled chiffon, silk lining
1920s black lace dress with lace body that has sheer, split sleeves, and sheer panels around the bottom. The sheer is a crinkled silk chiffon. There is ivory chiffon on the front and the back of the shoulders under the lace.
There is a black chiffon piece on the front of the shoulder with rhinestone decoration. Strip of rhinestones on the lower-front of dress and vertical lines of stitched shirring around the dress, just above the chiffon panels. Several chiffon panels give some fullness around the bottom of the dress. Chiffon strip hangs down the back with rhinestones at the center. Lined in a thin silk taffeta. Dress is pullover style with no opening.
CONDITION - Very good condition, with some issues.
* The ivory lining on the front and the back of the neckline is delicate and tearing under the arms, should be replaced.
* There are several tears on one of the sheer sleeves, 1+ inch in size.
* On the bottom of the skirt, the sheer panel on the front and on one side have faded to brown.
* The chiffon strip down the back of the dress has also faded to brown. All of the other chiffon is black.
* The lace is sturdy and I see no tears, but there are bound to be some small breaks in this type of lace though.
* Small holes and tears in the silk lining.